Dust and allergens pass through your car heater and air conditioner every day. The pollutants can accumulate in their ducts and start lining their vents. When that happens, it can restrict airflow, causing even more problems. Luckily, your vehicle has a cabin air filter to catch much of them before that.
However, no cabin filter lasts indefinitely. Yours can fill up with muck eventually. When it does, you'll notice -- air quality in your cabin will get bad, your AC and heating systems will start malfunctioning, and it'll get tougher to get your interior temperature right. Your may even feel and hear your motor stressing, being forced to work harder than it needs to.
Luckily, the question of when to replace a cabin air filter can be answered by your owner's manual. It should have a maintenance schedule on the subject. It's also a good idea, though, to look for signs it's time. They include:
- A lit Check Engine light on the dashboard
- Choked airflow through your vents
- A cabin that smells dirty
- Brittle, dirty, and/or clogged filter surfaces
If you do need to change your cabin filter, be sure to buy genuine GM.
Order the Best Cabin Air Filters for GM Cars and Trucks Online
Your OEM makes air filters guaranteed to fit its models, and our auto parts store has plenty in stock and ready for immediate shipping directly to your door. So, check out our selection and save a little shopping time -- buy online today.
No results found for "cabin-air-filters". Here are some helpful search tips:
- Search by a part name. Example: water pump.
- Be less specific. Example: brake instead of ceramic brake.
- Remove information such as make, year or model.
- Can't find the part you are looking for? Contact us and we'll find it for you!